Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lesser of Two Evils?

For several years, as my children can attest, we worked hard for the Republican party and for conservative American values that we cherished. We saw candidates who spoke with conviction about the God they served and the Bible they believed. Those men were easy to support.

As the years passed, I began to see the candidates change. The Biblical conviction was lacking and the public record of "doing the right thing" was thin. I started to see that the Republican candidates, in spite of much rhetoric, were a lot like the Democratic candidates. They were both headed the same direction on most issues. (Just one was going there faster than the other.) As I worked the polls, I also saw something else . . . Those voters who were once so happy to cast their vote, were leaving the polling place without any zeal or excitement about their candidate. The problem is, they were voting for "the lesser of two evils."

The right to vote is a great privilege, not to be taken lightly. A vote for a bad candidate is a vote that has been squandered. There are many issues which must be weighed; including the bailout failed business with our tax money, a time to bring our soldiers home, the protection of our countries borders, the use of our resources for the United Nations . . . But of highest importance to me is the saving of human life. I have reviewed the candidates, their positions, and their records. Their record and words speak very clearly. On the question of saving the children, I have three choices . . .
  1. A man who will allow many children to be killed -
    abortion for any reason.

  2. A man who will allow some children to be killed-
    some abortion and embryonic experiments.

  3. A man who will protect all children -
    ending legalized abortion.
I am accountable every opportunity made available to me. James 4:17 tells me that "one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." So I ask, is it right to vote for the man who will end abortion, or is it right to vote for one of the others who will not?

Chuck Baldwin is the man who will honor things which I know are true. While leaning that direction for a while, I became fully convinced this week when he was endorsed by Ron Paul for President. This year, I'm not choosing the lesser of two evils; I'm choosing Chuck Baldwin.



Let the TRUTH be Heard

1 comment:

Dave said...

There's no correlation between the legality of abortion and abortion rates. See: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/ib_0599.html

Note that nations with the lowest abortion rates also tend to be nations where abortion is legal. If you want to reduce abortions, work on reducing unwanted pregnancies with reasonable family planning policies and sex education.

BTW, will Chuck Baldwin also outlaw the in vitro fertilization treatments that create and then destroy the blastocysts in question?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_cell_controversy

Abortion was the last issue that kept me from switching my party affiliation from Republican to Democrat. Having looked more closely at the issue, I realized that it doesn't lend itself to this kind of black and white thinking.