Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mourning Losses and Giving Thanks

Yesterday, we went swimming in the Cascade Falls near Fall Creek Falls, TN. The weather was great and the water was refreshing. Sissy and Alissa swam with me; and Alissa adored the slide down the rock face into the water.

On the flip side, we are have a GREAT vacation. I have really enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with my family. These memories will last forever. I am also very thankful for the restful morning schedule that allows me to spend time with the Lord on the deck with my Bible and a cup of coffee.

Matt and I had a great time on the golf course this morning. Stonehenge Golf Course is beautiful; and even though I'm a terrible golfer, I had a great time with my son-in-law.

God continues to bless me well beyond anything I deserve. I am so thankful to be able to serve Him. He has allowed me to place scriptures in several people's hands this week I know that His Word does not return void, and that it will accomplish the Lord's purposes in the lives it touches. Please pray for these that God has placed in my path.

No comments: