Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nine Hours of Hope - DASHED by Obama

It took less than nine hours for President Obama to put down
"that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."
It took less than nine hours for his staff to affirm that ALL DO NOT DESERVE A CHANCE. And to believe that I had hope in this president . . . I had prayed that he was an honest and truthful man. Even when many said "we will see," I really tried to believe him and trust him . . . But it took less than nine hours to dash all my hope for our children to get a fair chance.

Apparently, officials with the new administration have revealed that President Obama will repeal a ban on U.S. taxpayer funding of foreign abortions on his first day in office. World Net Daily reports: "Fed coffers to be opened for worldwide abortions."

I followed up on this and looked his "agenda" at www.whitehouse.gov to find that President Obama has already announced that he "will make preserving women's rights under Roe v. Wade a priority in his Adminstration." (Note: Apparently in a hurry to get this published, his staff skipped the spell-checking and correction of Administration.)

How could the man be so bold to tell us that everyone deserves a chance and then so quickly turn around to destroy that chance for millions of Americans? I know that's what he had promised before the elections, but I was praying for a change of heart. I was praying for an ethical man of compassion . . . Not some monster who is salivating at the prospect of killing our children. Dear Lord, help us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there's a lot more disappointments to come. However, like you I am and will pray for him. God can turn the heart of a king like a river. Michelle W.